For more than 40 years, the legendary BMW Motorrad abbreviation “RS” has been synonymous with BMW Boxer-powered sport touring, whether on windy country roads or on long-distance tours. The BMW RS is a master of sporty riding, leaning into turns as well as long distance riding for two with luggage. To ensure that this remains the case in the future, BMW Motorrad has given the R 1250 RS some new standard features and optional extras – to make the sports-touring Boxer not only a better value but more dynamic and more comfortable as well.
As before, the legendary 2-cylinder boxer engine provides powerful propulsion. It still has an engine capacity of 1,254 cc and, even in the current EU5 emissions version, generates 136 hp and 105 lb-ft of torque. Thanks to BMW ShiftCam technology for varying valve timing and valve lift on the intake side, it delivers power across the entire engine speed range, is extremely smooth and quiet running and features outstanding fuel economy and emissions.
The highlights of the 2023 BMW R 1250 RS:
- MSRP of $18,295 CAD.
- Air/liquid-cooled boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology (variable intake valve timing and valve stroke), updated for new ECO ride mode.
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) – Now standard.
- BMW Motorrad ABS Pro (part integral) – Now standard.
- Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) – Now standard.
- New LED turn indicators.
- Full LED headlamp.
- New solo seat with rear cover – optional.
- New Option 719 spoke wheels – optional.
- Three riding modes with New “ECO” mode for economical riding – standard.
- New standard Ice Grey paint and optional Style Triple Black and Style Sport Light White / Racing Blue metallic/ Racing Red metallic.
- TFT display with “Sport” Core Screen and connectivity – standard.
- On-board power socket and USB socket – standard.
- Seat heating for rider and passenger to make touring even more comfortable – optional.
- From BMW PressClub Canada