July 13-15 brings the Summer Classic races, which features solo motorcycle and sidecar road racing for bikes from the ’50s to the ‘90s, to the Pro Circuit at Shannonville MSP. Racers are fired up to compete in this second event of the Vintage Road Racing Association (VRRA) season and 140 racers and their crews will be at the track near Belleville, Ont., for the event. In addition to the 11 races featured each day, other activities include:
– An endurance race on Friday organized by R.A.C.E. The race is for all classes and starts at 3:00 p.m. For rules and schedule check www.vrra.ca/downloads/raceeventforms.
– The Pro 6 Cycle-sponsored ‘Try the Track’ laps for non-racers on their own bikes during the Saturday & Sunday lunch breaks. The event is $20 for 20 minutes, Pace Car by West City Honda. Register at the Souvenir tent by 11:00am, Saturday and Sunday.
– Join EMC-Belleville Community Newspaper Editor Terry Bush and for $20, try the ride of your life! Ride as a racing sidecar passenger during the Try the Track sessions during the lunch breaks. Proceeds from ‘Try The Track’ and sidecar rides go to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
– Local riders will compete with racers from Ontario, Quebec, the Maritimes and the USA. The event is organized by the VRRA and supported by local sponsors and volunteers, CRCA race marshals, and R.A.C.E. event staff.
– Look for Rock 107`s Lone Star Texas Grill Lovely Ladies at this event! http://www.rock107.ca/ladies
Professional race announcer Lindsay Thompson will keep everyone informed of race action. Food and beverages will be available all day at the Shannonville munchies counter. Event t-shirts, mugs, and hats are available at the souvenirs tent.
“The riders [and] crews always enjoy the competitive yet sporting atmosphere at Shannonville and spectators [enjoy] an excellent view of the racing from the grandstands,” said VRRA president, Mike Vinten. “We encourage everyone to come out and enjoy this family friendly event.”
Admission is $25pp wknd, Saturday $10pp, Sunday $15pp, children 12 a nd under free with adult. Free parking and camping, Free programs. Gates open to the public at 9:00 a.m. Saturday and Sunday and features over 10 races each day.
For information, check www.vrra.ca.