BMW Motorrad Canada is proud to announce the new, updated, 2023 BMW S 1000 RR with meaningful enhancements to the chassis, suspension, aerodynamics and electronic assist systems. First introduced in 2009, the BMW S 1000 RR has become the standard for its segment in terms of performance and rider safety features.
“With an advanced suspension and chassis, the new Brake Slide Assist and DTC Slide Control assistance systems as well as optimized aerodynamics with winglets and a redesigned rear end, we are able to raise the RR’s performance to a new level.”
-Wolfgang Wallner, Project Manager S 1000 RR
The highlights of the new BMW S 1000 RR
- Shorter secondary gear ratio for more traction at the rear wheel.
- Advanced “Flex Frame” with more flex.
- Chassis geometry with new steering head angle, offset, caster and wheelbase.
- M Chassis Kit with adjustable swinging arm pivot point and raised rear end.
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC with new Slide Control function for drifts while accelerating using steering angle sensor.
- ABS Pro with new Brake Slide Assist function using steering angle sensor for braking drifts when approaching corners.
- ABS Pro Setting “Slick”
- Optimized aerodynamics with new front section, winglets, high windshield and partitioning off of the lower triple clamp.
- M lightweight battery as standard.
- USB charging port in the rear section.
- Redesigned rear section and shorter license plate holder.
- Redesigned wiring harness for easier removal of the license plate frame.
- Clutch and generator cover in black.
- Easier rear wheel assembly removal due to loss-proof axle bushings, chamfered brake pads and brake anchor plate.
- M GPS Mouse Adapter as part of the BMW Motorrad original accessory range.
- New GoPro holder as part of the BMW Motorrad original accessory range.
- Three paintwork finishes: Blackstorm metallic, Style Passion in Racing Red non-metallic and Lightwhite non-metallic/BMW M.
- From BMW Press Club Canada