BMW Motorrad Canada introduces the updated 2023 BMW R 1250 R roadster. The naked boxer roadster has been a BMW success story since the very first BMW motorcycle was produced in 1923 – the 494 cc, 8.5 hp boxer-twin powered R 32.
The 2023 BMW R 1250 R continues the 100-year-old tradition of combining agility, performance and comfort in a package that is as suitable for twisty mountain roads, daily commuting, and even two-up tour.
The 1,254 cc 2-cylinder air/liquid-cooled boxer engine delivers 136 hp and 105 ft-lbs of torque and meets EU5 emissions regulations. Thanks to BMW ShiftCam technology, which varies intake valve timing and lift, the R 1250 R delivers outstanding power and torque across the entire rpm range with the added benefits of quiet and smooth operation and excellent fuel economy.
The highlights of the 2023 BMW R 1250 R:
- MSRP from 2022 – $17,725.
- Air/liquid-cooled boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology for varying intake valve timing and valve stroke.
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) – Now standard.
- BMW Motorrad ABS Pro (part integral) – Now standard.
- Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) – Now standard.
- New LED turn indicators.
- New full LED headlamp with adaptive turning light – optional.
- New solo seat rear cover.
- New Option 719 spoke wheels – optional.
- Three riding modes with New “ECO” mode for economical riding – standard.
- New standard Ice Grey paint and optional Triple Black and Style Sport Racing Blue Metallic.
- TFT display with “Sport” Core Screen and connectivity – standard.
- On-board power socket and USB socket – standard.
- Seat heating for rider and passenger to make touring even more comfortable – optional.
From BMW Motorrad