Kitchener, Ontario – Supermoto Ontario (SMO) is proud to release their 2012 season event schedule consisting of 2 Canadian National/ Ontario Provincial races and 7 open track practice days.
SMO has reached an agreement with Shannonville Motorsports Park to bring Supermoto back to the Nelson Circuit for 2 race weekends in 2012: June 16, 17 and September 15, 16. On both weekends there will be open practice from 5:30pm until dusk on Saturday and the races will take place on Sunday. The 2 races will make up the Ontario Provincial Championship and will be part of the 5 round Canadian National Championship (Ontario/ Quebec)
SMO will be spending a day this spring to revive the Shannonville dirt section. This will surely make the track more fun and keep the racing exciting.
- May 11-12: La Tuque, Quebec- Street Race
- June 16-17: Shannonville, Ontario- Shannonville Motorsports Park, Nelson Circuit
- July 14-15: Supermoto X Fest, Notre Dame-de-la-Merci, Quebec- Mecaglisse Circuit
- September 15-16: Shannonville, Ontario- Shannonville Motorsports Park, Nelson Circuit
- TBA: H-Games, Carnigan, Quebec
- June 2: Location TBA
- June 16: Shannonville Nelson Circuit, 5:30pm to dusk
- June 17: Shannonville Nelson Circuit, 10am-12 noon (morning of race)
- July 7: Location TBA
- August 4: Location TBA
- September 15: Shannonville Nelson Circuit, 5:30pm to dusk
- September 16: Shannonville Nelson Circuit, 10am-12noon (morning of race)
SMO is working to secure multiple practice locations for the planned dates. Locations will be announced shortly. More practice dates may be added so check the club website regularly www.supermotoontario.com
Two levels of SMO membership are available: practice only or racing license. The practice only membership gets you access to all SMO practice days and only costs $40/rider or $60/family. The race license gets you access to all SMO practice days and is also your Canadian National Supermoto racing license. The racing license is $75/rider.
Supermoto Ontario is a newly formed club focused on promoting Supermoto riding/ racing in Ontario. The club is incorporated as a non for profit organization and is made up of a board of directors who are all riders passionate about the sport.