Szoke finished one tenth behind the leader to a very fast second place overall finish. Jordan completed the 20.5 km, 3 lap loop in just over 53 min.
When seven-time Canadian National Superbike Champion Jordan Szoke isn't racing motorcycles, he's spending time training on his bicycles and his strict training program has launched him to the top of the leaderboard during the Kelso Mountain Bike Race Series.
“I felt totally awesome during the race.” says Szoke. “I had a bit of an injury from the Paris-Ancaster (bicycle) race that was bothering me during training, but I was overly happy that it did not affect me during the race very much. I was really honored to be able to represent Bicycle Works along with the gaggle of other guys that came also.”
The weekly Kelso Mountian Bike Race Series is held at the Kelso Conservation Area, with a full calendar hosting 14 races plus a final event at the end of the season. The series has welcomed many professional Ontario Cup and Canada Cup racers offering a good training ground with some of the best climbs that Southern Ontario has to offer.
Szoke plans to continue to represent Bicycle Works in the Kelso series and schedule allowing, plans to challenge the best in a few Ontario Cup Series races.
- FIXI Crescent Suzuki Releases Sylvain Guintoli from 2013 Contract
- Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Selection Event Wraps Up; Canadians Unable to Crack Tough Competition
- Riedmann Ends Season With a Career Best 12th Place Finish at NOLA
- Young Wraps Up Rookie Season On A High Note At NOLA
- BMW Motorrad posts record retail figures for September