With the new F800GT as the successor model to the F800ST, BMW Motorrad is enhancing its range in the sporty touring segment with the new midrange offering.
The high-torque, water-cooled, 798 cc inline twin engine continues to provide propulsion in the new F 800 GT as it did in the ST. An increase in power has been achieved by means of revised set-up. It now has an output of 66 kW / 90 bhp (F800ST: 62.5 kW (85 bhp)) at 8,000 rpm. The new F800GT boasts an even more supreme drive with the maintenance-free secondary drive via toothed belt.
What is more, improved ergonomics, optimised wind and weather protection and an even more practically oriented luggage system provides the basis for genuine “Gran Turismo”. The new F800GT is also fitted as standard with ABS in line with BMW’s “Safety 360°” principle. Other optional systems such as Automatic Stability Control ASC and the Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA ensure that the new BMW F800GT sets new standards in terms of safety and comfort within its segment.
As part of the BMW Motorrad program of special accessories, the new F800GT can also be fitted with an Akrapovič sports silencer. This slip-on silencer provides a particularly earthy 2-cylinder sound. Made of titanium and stainless steel it enables a weight reduction of approx. 1.7 kg as compared to the standard rear silencer.
Overview of new technical features:
- Increased output of the F800GT as compared to predecessor model.
66 kW (90 bhp) at 8,000 rpm. (F800ST: 62.5 kW (85 bhp) at 8,000 rpm).
- Newly designed trim in more dynamic look with further improved wind and weather protection. New paint finishes.
- The latest generation of BMW Motorrad ABS, now as standard.
- Automatic Stability Control ASC (ex works option / special accessory).
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA (ex works option / special accessory)
- Convenient adjustment of rear spring mount using handwheel.
- Suspension optimised in terms of ride stability and comfort.
- New, lighter wheels in dynamic design.
- Adapted ergonomics for increased touring comfort with higher handlebars and repositioned footrests.
- Enhanced seating comfort for rider and passenger.
- New handlebar switch panels and front brake fluid expansion tank.
- New vibration-free and double-butted aluminium handlebars.
- Cockpit with new dial faces for speedometer and engine speed display as well as an extended range of information.
- Load capacity increased by 11 kg to 207 kg.
- New exhaust system with optimised heel protection.
- Turn indicators in smoke grey.
- Newly developed luggage system (special accessory).
- New connection of BMW Motorrad Navigator IV to handlebar clamp (special accessory).
- Power reduction to 35 kW (48 bhp) (ex works option / special accessory).
– From a press release from BMW Canada