Toronto will be center-stage as the world’s top brands showcase their newest products and technology to enthusiasts at the Motorcycle Show-Toronto, presented by Dalton Timmis Insurance, February 16-18 at the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place.
This celebration of the motorcycle lifestyle will be the first opportunity for Ontario’s riding enthusiasts to see the new 2018 motorcycle, ATV, side-by-side and scooter models that will be on sale at dealerships when the spring riding season rolls around. Aprilia, BMW Motorrad, Harley-Davidson, Ducati, Honda, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio, Polaris, Suzuki, Triumph, Vespa and Yamaha will all be participating at the province’s only stop on the six-city national show tour.
In addition to the 500+ bikes on display and the latest in apparel, accessories and touring destinations, there’s a wide-range of exciting family-friendly features that will appeal to riders of all ages and experience levels:
· She Rides Night (Friday, February 16) - Women make up the fastest-growing segment of motorcycling. This is an evening of celebration for women who ride and those considering the sport. In addition to information and advice specific to the needs of the female rider, ladies will get half-price admission to the Show after 5 pm and be eligible to enter a draw that night to win a 2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ABS. There’s also free parking for all on Friday night after 5pm.
· Yamaha Riding Academy For Kids introduces children, aged 6-12, to the wonderful world of riding, with hands-on certified instruction and riding gear provided in a 15-minute riding session on the latest Yamaha TT-R off-road motorcycle
· Stunt Shows - Canadian stunt riding star Craig Latimer and Toronto’s Cesare Costantini will showcase their streetbike freestyle stunt-riding prowess during all three days of the Show.
· Kawasaki Double Take Giveaway – Saturday afternoon, show-goers can enter to win one of two Kawasaki Z125 PRO motorcycles up for grabs in the Kawasaki Double Take Giveaway later that day.
· Ontario Provincial Police Golden Helmets - The OPP’s precision motorcycle riding team will perform exhibitions of their superb riding skills aboard their fleet of Harley-Davidson Police Specials.
· Yamaha’s “How To” Demos - Clinton Smout, one of the country’s leading motorcycle training experts, will demonstrate to riders how to safely navigate challenges like riding over obstacles and gravel roads.
· Vintage Motorcycles - Take a trip down memory lane and see how motorcycles, scooters and side cars have evolved over the decades with exhibits from the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group and Vintage Road Racing Association.
· Bike Life Lounge is a gathering place for show-goers to rest their feet, enjoy a refreshment and take-in moto lifestyle presentations and booths.
Show hours are: Friday, February 16 (noon - 9 pm); Saturday, February 17 (10 am - 8 pm); Sunday, February 18 (10 am - 5 pm). Discounted advance adult tickets are on sale now for $16 through the website’s online box office and at select Ontario dealers. The show falls on the Family Day weekend and special Family Passes are available for $42 (2 Adults & 2 Juniors. Children 5 and under admitted free)
Visit www.torontomotorcycleshow.ca for more info and to order tickets.
ABOUT DALTON TIMMIS INSURANCE
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, the Dalton Timmis Insurance Group is known across Canada as an innovative brokerage that provides specialty insurance products and programs, including its Home for Chrome Motorcycle division, Commercial, Transportation and Personal Insurance divisions. Dalton Timmis Insurance was ranked the number 1 Canadian Brokerage in 2016 by Insurance Business Magazine. Their Home for Chrome Motorcycle division is the presenting sponsor of the Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto Motorcycle Shows.
ABOUT POWER SPORT SERVICES
Power Sport Services (PSS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council (MMIC) and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV). PSS owns and produces six premiere motorcycle and ATV shows held annually in Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto and Vancouver.
Jerry Priddle - Toronto Show Public Relations
Neil Fardy - Toronto Show Manager
Tim Stover - Power Sport Services, Motorcycle Moped Industry Council, Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council